Imagine riding your RV for a long-distance trip and getting stuck on a road because your battery suddenly stops working. Frustrating. Right?!
There are numerous reasons why your car’s battery may die out – anything from leaving the headlights on to leaving your car unused for extended periods can affect your battery life.
Alternatively, you can always consider getting a high-quality battery such as the Diehard battery or any other similar battery – one that won’t die out easily. The high-quality batteries may be slightly more expensive, but they will last longer, and will be less likely to cause any issues for a long while, meaning, they will be worth it.
Here is a guide that will help you buy a good car battery for your car.
Why Do You Need a Car Battery for Your Car?
If you are traveling in your RV, it is better to store an extra battery at the back of your car if the battery goes dead. A car battery has many functions that make it so important part of a car, including,
- Voltage Function- It is the voltage of the battery and the electricity it holds for use. It is the main element that affects your battery’s performance. Nowadays, a standard battery for an automotive vehicle comes in a 12-V charge.
- Chemical Reaction- The reaction generated by the battery to convert chemicals into electric power signals the engine to start.
- Power- The battery provides the power required by the engine to start.
Types of Automotive Batteries
- Lead Batteries- The most common type of battery is made of a lead-acid variant. These calcium batteries are spill-proof and do not require servicing for years.
The design is such that it reduces corrosion and is made of distilled water and sulfuric acid. This strong chemical solution creates high power for the engine to start. However, it is not recommended to charge lead-acid batteries, which may result in an explosion.
- Lithium Ion Battery- It is becoming popular because it is much lighter than the traditional lead batteries mentioned above. In addition, lithium batteries are efficient, mainly used in luxury cars, and are famous in the automotive market.
- Nickel Batteries- Nickel or NiMH batteries are used in hybrid vehicles for their fast charging ability. It uses nickel oxyhydroxide to supply a positive charge and is the latest battery invention.
Best Batteries To Buy
- Diehard Batteries- This is one of the most popular options in the market. The diehard batteries are designed to carry in long travels and for long distances, hence, they are spill-proof.
Diehard manufactures batteries in different sizes for all types of vehicles, including cars, SUVs, and trucks. They don’t require much maintenance and are perfect for hot weather conditions. It also has high CCA ratings among all batteries. Other specifications include:
- It has 20 times more vibration protection than other batteries.
- It comes with three years of warranty.
- It comes with CCA 775, Ah 55, and advanced electrolyte features.
- It has one of the best pricing in the market.
- Bosch Batteries- It is one of the most known brands in batteries. Its specifications include,
- It has a CCA of 650, Ah 53.
- It charges fast and lasts two times longer than average batteries.
- It comes with a four years warranty and three years of road assistance.
- It is spill-proof and corrosion-proof.
Buying the correct battery for your RV or car is a daunting task. Choose the right one for you by knowing all the features and benefits.