Are you looking for a way to find old posts on Facebook but have no idea how to go about it? Worry no more! This pose will discuss some of the best and effective tactics for finding old posts on Facebook.
Find Old Posts on Facebook
To find out the posts that your friends made in between given years, you should first choose a date range for which you wish to do so, say 2016 or 2017. Once you have done that, you will have to search for people who belong with you on the website through your timeline.
If you don’t use Facebook at all, you can still search for users by searching for their name, email address, phone number, etc. However, when you are looking for just the right user, there is another option available.
You can also find them by clicking on the “Add friend” link below their profile picture. Once you have got the person in question, click on “View photos from last 12 months” next to his/her name. This will show you all the images posted by him/her over the past year.
Narrow down the search by using “Search recent activity”.
After selecting “Recent Activity”, you can then choose “All of my connections”, “All groups I’m part of (public)” and “Only tagged me in” from the drop-down menu. By doing so, you will only get to see those posts which were shared publicly.
In order to filter out other types of content such as notes, links, videos, events, etc., use “Sort by” and select “Timeline” under the options that appear. You can then view all public posts written by the specific user in the specified date range.
Why Can’t You See Old Posts on Facebook?
The following are some of the reasons why you might not be able to find old posts on your Facebook account:
- Not having an active FB account
- Having too many friends
- Being away from his PC/device
- Using an anti-spam plugin
- Losing access to Facebook due to system crashes etc.
Now that you know why you aren’t seeing the old Facebook posts, here is how you work around it.
- If you have decided to create a new FB account, you should already know that you will have to delete all of your previous messages and information before making a fresh start. That being said, if you haven’t created a new FB account yet, you can try the aforementioned ways of finding old posts.
- Try using the “Find Friends” tab on the top left side, where you can check out the friends whom you have previously liked. Also, look out for your oldest friends — they should be easy to locate.
- While you are logged onto FB, use the “Settings” icon near the bottom right corner of the screen; then, scroll down until you reach “Privacy Settings”. Click on the “Security” tab and ensure that the slider is set to “On”.
- Now head back to your profile page where you’ll notice that you have the “See Timelines Of Friends Who Have Liked Pages They Haven’t Recently Visited” option checked. Uncheck this one and change the date range to 1 year. Hopefully, old posts should pop up now.
Hope that helped! Let us know if you need further assistance.