A public profile in Snapchat facilitates greater exposure to your account. If you have a public profile on Snapchat, many Snapchat users can easily subscribe to your account and you can see the subscriber count on your profile other than the friends. The public profile helps you to publish your content which includes stories, videos, photos and much more. You can create your audience on Snapchat by making your public profile.
The eligibility criteria to make a public profile on Snapchat
To create a public profile on Snapchat, you need to check for some important criteria and those are
1. You should be a Snapchat user for a long period.
2. You need to adhere to the companies’ guidelines.
3. Your age needs to be more than 18 years.
4. You should have a minimum of one friend on Snapchat.
5. You need to be a regular user of Snapchat.
What are the steps to create your public profile on Snapchat?
Follow the steps to make your public profile on Snapchat for free.
- Go to the Snapchat app and then at the top left corner, select the Bitmoji icon. Then your profile will be opened, you just need to tap on the horizontal 3 dots menu which is just next to “Add to spotlight”.
- Now, a pop up will appear in front of you, then select “Create public Profile” on the popup and tap on the “continue” button on the next screen that will appear.
- After that another screen will appear with the “Get Started” button below, tap on it and again tap on the “Create” button.
- Now you are good to go. You can easily overview your profile under the “Public Profile” section.
- You can go to “My Public profiles” and tap on “Edit Profiles” to edit any of the details that you want to change in your profile.
Perks of a Public Profile on Snapchat
If you are eligible to create a public profile then you can easily do it with the steps mentioned above. If you create a public profile on Snapchat many people will be able to subscribe to you as there will be a subscribe option available to your viewers, your lenses will be made public, you will get exposure to content added to snap map and public stories, there will be a highlight section available for you, your name will appear on all snaps that you post publicly.
Steps to delete your public profile on Snapchat
If you want to delete your Snapchat account due to some reason follow the below steps.
1. You can tap on your Bitmoji and then select the “My Public Profile”
2. Now you will be able to see a setting option at the top right corner. Select the settings option.
3. In the settings options, tap on the “Delete Public Profile” option at the bottom of the screen.
4. A confirmation screen to delete your account will appear with the “Delete” button on it.
5. Tap on the “Delete” button to delete your public account.