Are you looking for the best way to keep your quartz countertop clean and sparkling?
Quartz is a beautiful material that adds value to any home, but it does require special care. Cleaning quartz isn’t difficult, but there are some things you should know before you start scrubbing away.
In this article, we’ll provide tips on how to properly clean and maintain your quartz countertop.
Afterward, you can click here to learn more about the polishing process for quartz countertops.
What to Use to Clean Your Quartz Countertop? — A Guide for Homeowners
Cleaning your quartz countertops is an essential part of maintaining the quality and beauty of your home. It’s important to use the right products when cleaning quartz, as some household cleaners can damage or discolor this durable material.
If you’re wondering, “what can I use to clean a quartz countertop?”, you should have a few items on hand before they start cleaning their quartz countertops.
These items include a soft cloth, mild detergent, a non-abrasive scrubber, and distilled white vinegar. Having these items on hand will allow you to tackle practically any spill or stain that may occur in the future.
Now that you know what to use to clean your quartz countertop, you can easily keep your new counters looking gorgeous for years to come.
Benefits of Cleaning a Quartz Countertop
Aside from knowing “what do you use to clean a quartz countertop?”, there are a number of benefits to cleaning your quartz countertops that you should take into consideration.
Some examples of these benefits include:
- Reduce the risk of staining and discoloration
- Extend the overall lifespan of your current countertops
- Keep your kitchen looking fresh and inviting
- Enjoy a bacteria-free surface for meal preparation
- Improve the overall aesthetic of your home
How to Properly Clean and Maintain Your Quartz Countertop
Cleaning and maintaining a quartz countertop can be easy with the right supplies and tips. Quartz is an incredibly durable material, but it’s important to clean and maintain your countertop properly in order to extend its life and keep it looking great. Now that you’re familiar with what to use to clean your quartz countertop, it’s time to go over some cleaning and maintenance tips:
Use the Right Type of Cloth
Use a soft cloth or microfiber cloth to dust off any debris on the surface of the quartz countertop. If necessary, use a mild detergent solution to wipe down the surface before dusting. To make a mild detergent solution, combine one teaspoon of dish soap with two cups of warm water in a spray bottle. Spray onto the surface and use a soft cloth to wipe away any dirt or grime.
Never Use an Abrasive Scrubber
Use a non-abrasive scrubber for more stubborn stains like food or oil spills that won’t come off with just wiping them away. Non-abrasive scrubbers are designed specifically for cleaning kitchen surfaces without causing damage or leaving scratches behind.
Polish With a Vinegar and Water Mixture
To polish up the surface, create a mixture of half distilled white vinegar and half hot water in a spray bottle. Spray onto the quartz countertop and let sit for five minutes before rinsing clean with warm water and drying off with a soft cloth or microfiber towel. This will help remove any lingering dirt while also polishing up your quartz countertop so that it looks shiny and new again.
Never use harsh chemicals
Avoid using harsh abrasives like steel wool or scouring pads when cleaning your quartz countertop; these can scratch the surface of your countertop, making it look dull and worn over time.
Reduce exposure to sunlight
Over time, exposure to sunlight can cause fading on some types of quartz countertops so you may want to consider installing them in an area with minimal light exposure. You can always shut your blinds, curtains, etc., on sunny days to reduce the risk of discoloration.
Keeping these tips in mind will ensure your quartz countertops look breathtaking for the foreseeable future.
Tips for Keeping Your Quartz Countertop Looking New
Here are some invaluable tips and tricks that you can try if you want to keep your quartz countertops in great condition:
- Avoid using harsh or abrasive cleansers on your quartz countertop.
- Use a soft cloth and mild soap and warm water to clean the surface.
- Wipe away spills immediately to prevent staining.
- Seal your quartz countertop regularly with an impregnating sealer for maximum protection from bacteria, dirt, and liquids.
- Don’t place hot pots, pans, or other items directly onto your quartz countertop as this could cause discoloration or warpage over time.
- Use cutting boards when preparing food on top of quartz surfaces.
- Avoid using bleaches and strong chemical cleaners that may damage the finish of the stone.
- Remove hard water spots by wiping them down with a damp cloth soaked in a white vinegar solution (1:4 ratio).
- To remove tough stains from your quartz counters use baking soda paste (three parts baking soda to one part water). Apply to the stained area, wait ten minutes then rinse off with warm water before drying with a microfiber towel.
What to Use to Clean A Quartz Countertop? — Conclusion
In conclusion, quartz countertops are a great choice for any home or office due to their durability and beauty. With proper care and maintenance, you can enjoy the beautiful look of your quartz countertop without worry.