You might be planning a trip to Australia that involves a short stay in Bangkok and if you are looking for fun things to do while you’re there, you have come to the right place, as we offer a few cool things to see and do while visiting the City of Angels.
- Watch a live Muay Thai event – There are two main arenas in Bangkok; Rajdamnuan Stadium and Lumphini Stadium, where the atmosphere is electric. Go for ringside seats and immerse yourself in the crazy hype that this brutal sport delivers. You can find more information online, including dates and info on the fighters. There are typically two events per week at both venues.
- Explore the canals – Did you know that Bangkok has a complex network of canals (klongs) that run through the city? You can explore by catching river taxis; make sure to take a map of the city and if you do get lost, that’s the fun part! The river taxis are electric, which is a vast improvement on those huge diesel engines that they used to have on the longtail boats.
- Enjoy spa treatments – Check out the premium massage therapy in Bangkok from a leading spa and try out some of their services while in the city. Thailand has a well-deserved reputation for the best massage techniques and the city is home to many luxury spa resorts. Wherever you happen to be in Thailand, you are never far away from a spa and massage clinic.
- Visit Jatuchak Market – The biggest weekend market in Thailand, Jatuchak sells just about everything and prices are very affordable. This is the place to buy all your souvenirs; you can even order teak furniture and have it shipped to your home country. The market is so big, you would not be able to see it all in a single weekend.
- Take a guided tour of the go-go bar scene – There are several redlight entertainment areas in Bangkok; Nana Entertainment Complex, Patpong and Soi Cowboy; if you search online, you will find guided walking tours that take you to the centre of the action. You can’t visit Thailand and not see the red-light areas and with a guided tour, you get to hear the long and colourful history of these locations. Here are a few good reasons to hire a business development coach.
- Visit some of the many parks in Bangkok – Lumphini Park is a great place to relax, either early in the morning or as the sun goes down, while Rama IX Park is dedicated to King Bhumibol Adulyadej, the former monarch of Thailand. There are many smaller parks dotted across the capital where locals practice Tai Chi and work out with various exercises. For more detailed information, Google is your best friend and you can check the opening times (the parks are closed at night).
Bangkok is a truly unique city that all visitors love and we hope that you enjoy your trip to this amazing metropolis.