There is a saying, “Where there is tea, there is hope.” But, where there is mushroom tea, there is a refreshing time. Isn’t it? But do you know how to prepare this ‘shroom tea’? And what are its benefits? Here is a comprehensive guide about this new variety of tea, related to its preparation and benefits.
Chewing and swallowing mushrooms may not be a pleasant experience for many people. So they prepare shroom tea to enjoy the earthy mushroom taste. It is also easier for taste buds and stomachs. Adding honey and ginger to the psilocybin mushroom companion will help in digestion. Moreover, people add licorice root and hibiscus for different flavours.
If nausea is your prime concern, you can prepare it from any floating mushroom. A few people add lemon, pulpy orange juice, lemon extract or any other citrus for that sour taste. Including green tea bags and chamomile tea bags is a favourite among all generations.
How to Prepare Shroom Tea?
The first step is to believe you are a good chef. Now, gather the necessary ingredients. The ingredients are dried mushrooms, tea according to your choice, and water. One gram of dried mushroom is considered a light dose, while the trip dose is about 3 grams. If you are trying this for the first time, go with 1 gram. It will refresh your mood.
Next, start grinding the shrooms with the help of a weed grinder, knife, or a coffee grinder. Break down the mushroom into small pieces so you can easily consume it. Nowadays, you can directly buy pre-powdered caps if you find them difficult to crush.
Then, pick a clean mug from your kitchen and put your crumbled mushrooms into it. Now, boil some water (depending on the person), steep the shrooms, and add a tea bag. Leave it for 5-10 minutes so that shrooms and tea mix well. If you want to give a treat to your taste buds, you can add honey and lemon to it. Stir the drink well before you drink. That’s it! You can now enjoy your homemade shroom tea.
Varieties of Mushroom
Psilocybin is the most popular of all kinds of mushrooms. But it’s not the only kind of mushroom. For example, Ayurveda recommends keerajhar for disease treatment. Other mushrooms having medicinal benefits are reishi, shiitake, etc.
Which Teas are Best? What are the Benefits?
These are some incredible teas, no matter how you prefer having them:
- Chamomile: It deals with anxiety and prevents nausea by improving the digestive system. It can be taken with dried rose and honey.
- Tulsi: Also known as holy basil, tulsi is an underrated adaptogen that triggers the nervous system and improves mood immediately.
- Passion Flower: People consume passion flowers along with skull caps. These herbs help detoxify your body after a drink. It also prevents negative thoughts. You can consume it with psilocybin mushrooms directly.
- Ginger: A hot ginger honey tea with shrooms is the best remedy for nausea. The ginger shot flavour is powerful, so make sure to use it in moderation.
- Lavender: Are you feeling nervous? Or are you under stress? Lavender can help you. You can also carry its essential oils during the trip.
Besides health benefits, survey participants express their happiness while preparing shroom tea. In addition, they enjoy the process of breaking and brewing shrooms.