Crypto cards have earned a lot of prominence in the past few years. Crypto cards are payment cards, which offer an optimal alternative to traditional debit and credit cards. These cards provide an opportunity to spend crypto holdings for real-world purchases. But In comparison to regular cards, cryptocurrency cards aren’t backed by a bank account, and bitcoins are stored in a digital wallet, independent of any financial institution and fully under your control. One of the main crypto card benefits is fast and irreversible transactions, without any risk of being canceled by a bank, while traditional transactions are mostly controlled by financial institutions.
Here we have listed the top 5 crypto cards to consider and the pros & cons of each.
Crypto.com Debit Card
Crypto.com VISA card is one of the very first crypto cards. It is a prepaid card that needs to be topped through bank transfer or cryptocurrency. Crypto.com offers a wide range of rewards on five tiers of cards available on the platform. However, cardholders must stake a certain amount in CRO tokens to access a card.
Pros and Cons of Crypto.com Debit card
The following are the pros of Crypto.com VISA Debit card.
- Offers up to 8% crypto cashback on all purchases.
- Supports over 90 different cryptocurrencies.
- Available in almost all countries.
- Can be used across 40 million VISA retailers around the world.
- Offers 100% cashback on Netflix, Spotify, and Amazon Prime.
- Special discount on Airbnb and Expedia.
- No ATM withdrawal fee for up to $1,000 withdrawal per month.
- No annual membership fees.
The following are the cons of the crypto.com debit card.
- 2% fee on above $1,000 withdrawal per month.
- CRO tokens must be stakes to gain access to the best rewards.
- $50 fee if cardholder closes an account without spending all funds.
- KYC is required for the card.
BlockFi Visa Credit card
BlockFi crypto credit card is the only card that offers Bitcoin cashback. Cardholders can earn the bonus on several activities, and rewards are automatically deposited into the cardholder’s BlockFi interest account. So, if you are a Bitcoin lover, this card can be your pick.
Pros and Cons of BlockFi credit card
The following are the pros of the BlockFi VISA credit card.
- Offers 1.5% Bitcoin cashback on all purchases.
- No annual membership fees.
- No foreign exchange fees.
- Earn intro bonus of 3.5% Bitcoin back on all purchases for the first 90 days. A trading bonus of 0.25% Bitcoin back on all eligible trades, up to $500 in Bitcoin each month. Increased reward rate, 2% back on over $50,000 spent annually. $30 in Bitcoin bonus for referring a friend.
The following are the cons of the BlockFi credit card.
- Available only for U.S. citizens.
- Supports only eight different cryptocurrencies.
- Cashback is limited to Bitcoin.
- Good to excellent credit score requirements.
Coinbase Debit Card
Coinbase debit card is another crypto card that allows cardholders to earn rewards on every purchase. Coinbase is the most well-reputed company in the crypto industry but offers little rewards with its debit card. Moreover, it provides a seamless experience but is expensive to use.
Pros and Cons of Coinbase Debit card
The following are the pros of the Coinbase crypto debit card.
- Offers 4% reward on purchases.
- Offers high-level security.
- Supports nine major cryptocurrencies.
- No annual fee.
- No signup fees.
- Excellent support system.
The following are the cons of Coinbase crypto debit card.
- ATM withdrawal limit, $200 per month.
- 1% fee on withdrawal. 2% fee on overseas transactions.
- No perks.
- Available in various countries across Europe only.
Binance VISA Debit card
Binance VISA debit card allows cardholders to buy their favorite things with cryptocurrency. Cardholders have to top-up their card or enable auto top-up; otherwise, payment will be declined.
Pros and Cons of Binance Debit card
The following are the pros of the Binance Debit card.
- Offers up to 8% cashback in BNB coins when a cardholder spends a certain amount.
- Can be used across 200 jurisdictions globally.
- No annual fees.
- No transaction or subscription fee.
The following are the cons of the Binance Debit card.
- $15 card issuance fee.
- $242 daily ATM limit.
- $29.50 fees to reissue the physical card.
Nexo Mastercard Credit Card
Nexo credit card is only available to Nexo users who borrow fiat currency against their crypto holdings. However, Nexo offers various features to card users.
Pros and Cons of Nexo Credit card
The following are the pros of the Nexo Credit card.
- Offers 2% cashback on all purchases
- Cashback is paid in Nexo token or Bitcoin.
- Can be used across 40 million Mastercard merchants worldwide
- No withdrawal fees
The following are the cons of the Nexo Credit card.
- Only available for borrowers on Nexo platform
- Still in the early stages
Crypto cards have provided the convenience of spending cryptos. You may like to try many other crypto cards available in the market, but these top 5 crypto cards are the best choices in terms of cash back, rewards, supported cryptos, fees, availability, etc. Do your research and choose the card that best meets your demands.